Combi Day / Halifax / Friday 17th August
Halifax Combi Day. Friday 17th August.
11.30am til 6.00pm
Cost: £40 paid to Snowsport England plus £5 cash to be paid on the day to Diamonds Gymnastics to anyone who is NOT already a member of British Gymnastics
Lots of information below. Please read it all before proceeding to the booking page via the link at the bottom of the page.
We are very excited to announce our first Combi-Day session will take place in Halifax on Friday 17th August!
Starting at Diamonds Gymnastics in Halifax, attendees will take part in an off-snow session to help develop their techniques and overall acrobatic ability & athleticism. Ross Hill, GB Park & Pipes Acro Coach will deliver the session using a variety of training environments such as floor skills, trampoline work and rebound skills. Those attending will have the opportunity to unpick and develop specific tricks that they might be interested in learning on the slope.
After lunch, the attendees will meet up at Halifax Ski Slope where they will have a chance to take part in a coached freestyle session, hopefully taking some of what they have learnt in the gymnastics hall to the slope.
What to expect?:
Off-Snow session at Diamonds. The session will consist of an introduction from the coaches, a chance to set your own goals, followed by 2 hours of off-snow skills progression and coaching.
On-Snow session at Halifax Ski Slope: At Halifax Ski Slope attendees will set their goals using the traffic light system and be able to work on their skills under the guidance of our Futures coaches. We will finish up with a de-brief from the coaches and a chance for parents or kids to ask any questions they might have.
Who can attend? We welcome anyone who can control their speed and direction on the slope as well as being able to use a lift. Due to the length of session and the off-snow element, children aged 10+ who have a clear idea of the tricks they want to learn on snow would benefit more than a complete newcomer to freestyle. However a child who has a strong gymnastics / acro ability would also enjoy this session as long as they can also ski /snowboard to the correct level outlined above. More experienced / Home Nations athletes would also be suitable for this session.
Sign in at Diamonds Gymnastics: 11.30am
Off-Snow reduced risk gymnastics Session will take place: 12pm-2pm.
Lunch: 2pm-2.30pm (all attendees to bring their own packed lunch and drinks)
Travel to Halifax slope. 2.30pm-3pm (see notes on travel below)
Halifax on-snow session. 3pm-5.30pm
End of day review. 5.30-6pm.
Pick up at Halifax Ski Slope 6pm.
PLEASE NOTE - IMPORTANT!
TRAVEL BETWEEN LOCATIONS: You will need to arrange to take your child from Diamonds Gymnastics to Halifax Ski Slope at 2.30pm. Please arrange this amongst yourselves or book a taxi for your child. For insurance purposes we are unable to arrange this transfer for you. There is a viewing gallery at Diamonds for those who wish to stay and watch.
BRITISH GYMNASTICS INSURANCE: All attendees must be covered by British Gymnastics insurance. If you are already a member please bring your BG membership card or number. If you are not a member please bring £5 on the day to pay for British Gymnastics Taster session insurance. Uninsured attendees cannot take place in the off-snow session without the correct insurances in place.
KIT: Please wear shorts/tee, leotard, leggings etc for the off-snow session. For the on-snow session, all those attending must own or have rented their equipment and it is compulsory to wear a helmet on the ski slope.
Drop off at 11.30am. Session will start at 12pm promptly.
Please bring picnic lunch, snacks and water/drinks. Lunch break will not be til 2pm.
Address for Diamonds Gymnastics: Keith Whitaker Centre, Mill Lane, Halifax HX3 6TN
Please read the important information below regarding the session:
- Any attendee who misses the registration / introduction / warm up session may not be able to take part in the main session.
- A parent or carer should stay on site with a child under the age of 18 for the duration of the session. If you plan to leave your child, please email email@example.com to discuss.
- Photos and videos may be taken for training, promotional and publicity purposes. Parents must say if there is a reason why their child must not be photographed and make the head coach or event organiser aware. Pictures and Videos may be used online but children will not be named unless consent is given by the parent.
- All attendees must be able to use the lift by themselves, control their speed and their direction and be able to make decisions on their own progression. Any attendee who is deemed to not have the correct level of skills during the warm up laps may be advised to leave the slope or not be allowed to take part in the freestyle aspect of the session.
- There is no “lesson plan” during these sessions. Futures Project promote an environment where attendees take ownership of their own development. Attendees should have an autonomous approach to learning, with coaches present to support and guide the attendees.
For any questions regarding this session please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKING: To book on to this session, head to this link. You will be taken the SnowSport England website for further booking information and payment.