Kidsgrove / Saturday 17th November
This Futures Session is happening at Kidsgrove Ski Centre
Saturday 17th November 12.30 - 3.30pm
Coaches: Bobby T, Gareth Vogan & James Webb
Futures Sessions offer young people aged 10 years upwards (guide age - see below) the opportunity to take part in coached freestyle ski and snowboard sessions either on snow or at a dryslope.
These sessions are a great way to get involved in Park & Pipe either as a beginner to freestyle or for young folk who want to dial in some new tricks. Each Futures Session is run by qualified coaches who will help you learn lots of different skills, whether you’ve had coaching before or not!
What will happen? The session will consist of an introduction from the coaches, a chance to set your own goals through our GB Park & Pipe traffic light system, 2-3 hours of coaching on lots of different features suitable for your level of skiing or snowboarding. We will finish up with a de-brief from the coaches and a chance for parents or kids to ask any questions they might have.
Who can attend? Intended for skiers and snowboarders aged 10 upwards who can control their speed and direction as well as being able to use a lift. If your child is a regular skier/snowboarder but younger than 10 years then please email us to discuss further! These sessions are also useful for more experienced / Home Nations athletes who want to spend more time on the slope learning new tricks.
All those attending must own or have rented their equipment and it is compulsory to wear a helmet.
For this session, we will also have support from The Snowboard Asylum and Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports. Swing by their booth where they will have some promo swag, a tune up station, Dragon Alliance Europe lens simulator app, product highlights and more.
Please read the important information below regarding the session:
- Any attendee who misses the registration / introduction / warm up session may not be able to take part in the main session.
- A parent or carer should stay on site with a child under the age of 18 for the duration of the session. If you plan to leave your child, please email email@example.com to discuss.
- Photos and videos may be taken for training, promotional and publicity purposes. Parents must say if there is a reason why their child must not be photographed and make the head coach or event organiser aware. Pictures and Videos may be used online but children will not be named unless consent is given by the parent.
- All attendees must be able to use the lift by themselves, control their speed and their direction and be able to make decisions on their own progression. Any attendee who is deemed to not have the correct level of skills during the warm up laps may be advised to leave the slope or not be allowed to take part in the freestyle aspect of the session.
- There is no “lesson plan” during these sessions. Futures Project promote an environment where attendees take ownership of their own development. Attendees should have an autonomous approach to learning, with coaches present to support and guide the attendees.
- All those attending must own or have rented their equipment and it is compulsory to wear a helmet.
For any questions regarding this session please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKING: To book on to this session, head to this link. You will be taken the SnowSport England website for further booking information and payment.